Carpet cleaning tips – Noblesville Carpet Cleaning – Indiana Restoration and Cleaning Services
Posted on 9:32 pm by indiana_restoration
CARPET CARE TIPS
We recommend having your carpets cleaned every 12 – 18 months by a professional.
While we hope you trust your floor care to Indiana Restoration and Cleaning Services, there are some things you can do to extend the life of your carpet in between professional cleanings. Below is a list of carpet care tips that will help you maintain your flooring investment:
- Vacuum your carpet frequently using a vacuum with a HEPA filter and maintain your vacuum cleaner. Vacuuming removes up to 80% of the surface soil on your carpets.
- Use walk off mats or area rugs at entrances to the home. These will absorb some of the moisture and soil that may otherwise find its way into your carpet. Have these walk off mats or area rugs cleaned regularly.
- Remove spills as quickly as possible. Blot moist spots with a paper towel or white cloth (do not rub the spot). Do not use advertised consumer spot removal products because they may make the situation worse by setting the stain or leaving behind residue that will make the spot harder to clean. Spot and stain removal is a precise science that should be left to the professionals. If you spill something on your carpet, call Indiana Restoration and Cleaning Services to have the spot evaluated.
- To prevent fading, avoid long hours of direct sunlight on carpet. Close blinds or shades periodically. Select a lighter colored carpet in sun-drenched rooms to minimize fading.
- Periodically move furniture in rooms in order to Change traffic patterns. Moving furniture will cause people to alter their path through the room. See the below note on traffic patterns.
- Have your carpets cleaned by Indiana Restoration and Cleaning Services at least once a year and more frequently if you have pets or if your carpet receives heavy traffic.
- Ask Indiana Restoration and Cleaning Services about reapplying your carpetsâ€™ protective finish. Most carpets today come with a stain or soil resistant coating but this coating wears off over a period of time and should be reapplied periodically (after a hot water extraction cleaning).