How to Control and Cleanup Mold – Mitigation and Remediation
Posted on 10:43 pm by IRCS
According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, it’s important to dry water-damaged areas within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth. Because the average homeowner has the limited access to water removal equipment,tools and process, it becomes important to call in the certified professionals for water damage cleanup. Why? This is the only way to guarantee complete water removal and restoration of your home and thereby, to control and effectively prevent and remove all mold growth.
read more about how the speed and impact of water damage
A professional water damage cleanup process for comprehensive mold mitigation and remediation involves two important steps:
The first step is effective moisture control. Prevent mold growth by removing all water damage from your home.
- Advanced infrared cameras are used to identify problem areas where the water damage is located in your home. Moisture detectors, hygrometers and other meters are used to accurately measure the extent of moisture saturation in your home
- A range of hi-tech water removal and drying equipment is used to:
- Thoroughly remove all water. This is done using submersible and high powered pumps and extraction units
- Completely dry out all remaining moisture using industrial grade dehumidifiers, high-speed air movers, etc.
The next step in a professional water damage cleanup process is mold mitigation and remediation.
- Deodorization and disinfection products such as sanitizing agents, germicides and a range of anti-microbial treatments stop the growth of mold, bacteria and fungi
- A professional water damage restoration process involves mold removal services, contaminate removal, dust / HVAC cleaning, contents and structural restoration
For more information on professional mold control, removal and cleanup – contact Indiana Restoration and Cleaning Services. Call our water damage specialists at 317-776-9942 for more information today.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.