How to Protect Your Home from Water Damage – Create a Maintenance Schedule
Posted on 8:21 pm by IRCS
An important step in protecting your home from water damage is to create a maintenance schedule. It’s a good way to check for any potential sources of water damage, leakages and moisture on a regular basis00.
When creating a home maintenance schedule, check the following for signs of water damage:
- Rust, cracks or deterioration in your hot water heaters, including the drain pan.
- Cracks or leaks in your garbage disposal and appliance hoses. Broken washing machine and dishwasher hoses are among the most mmon causes of water damage in homes.
- Check for water damage near indoor and outdoor pipes, showers, tubs, sinks, toilets, windows and doors.
- Make sure your roof and ceiling do not have any leaks. Also ensure rain gutters and downspouts are cleared of debris on a regular basis and set up to direct water away from your home.
- Ensure sump pumps and weep holes are in good working condition as they are essential in preventing water damage and excessive moisture in your crawl space, basement and foundation walls.
Carrying out a regular maintenance schedule is the best way to prevent serious, extensive and expensive water damage from occurring in your home. If you do have any questions or concerns, contact a professional water damage repair and cleanup company to resolve the above issues before there is any further damage.
For more information on how we can help you protect your home and business from water damage, contact Indiana Restoration and Cleaning Services. Call us at 317-776-9942 for professional, immediate water damage cleanup and restoration in Indianapolis, Avon, Noblesville and the Central Indiana area.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.