What to do if you have water damage – Act fast… every second counts!
Posted on 2:26 pm by IRCS
If you are unfortunate enough to have water damage due to a frozen pipe, faulty plumbing, a non-functioning sump pump causing basement flooding, every second counts. You must take action immediately to insure that serious and long-lasting damage does not occur.
How Quick Water Damage Happens
- Water contamination spreads to unaffected areas
- Moisture sensitive surfaces swell and disfigure
- Furniture stains appear on carpeting and are usually permanent
- Paper goods and records are ruined
- Rust stains appear on carpeting and other surfaces
- Drapery fabrics that contact water may develop permanent watermarks.
- Pre-existing moisture related problems are activated
- Drywall softens and warps
- Cellulosice browning may occur on natural fabrics
- Foam cushion (carpet pad) can begin to disintegrate
- Bacterial odor problems begin to develop
- Wood furniture, in contact with water, can become permanently ruined.
- Mildew and biological growth happens, odors begin to permeate the structure
- Wood floors are warped and ruined
- Woven carpet installations could shrink
- Delamination of tufted carpet is possible
- Vinyl floor coverings can permanently discolor, adhesives can break down
- Allergies and asthma can be aggravated.
- Structural integrity of interior wall members, sub-floors, and ceiling installations can be permanently damaged.
- Mildew can permanently stain/damage natural materials
- Serious health hazards to occupants of buildings have developed.
BOTTOM LINE – EVERY MINUTE Counts! Call Indiana Restoration and Cleaning Services as soon as water damage occurs. We guarantee to take care of your needs, quickly.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.